Sunday 9 January 2011

The journey continues. Pt 2





So.. I've not updated this blog for a very long time. Indeed, a LOT has gone on. Illness, real life issues, not having a bloody machine until a week before deadline. How lovely.


Taken from my other character design. I personally felt that the character which I was designing looked far too old. Although the fact that I want to take specific attributes from the species of which my character contains makes it harder to look childlike by itself, but I think I narrowed it down enough.
Just experimenting with facial expressions for modelling purposes, I wanted to convey the characters hyperactivity and fascination through his face. Why? If not I couldnt get the point across.


The above image is the character I WAS going to decide on, but thought to myself that at this point in time, and with my limited knowledge of Maya, that it would be too long, or I'd get it done to a really really poor standard. Scorpion tail, superhero cape. Strong ant body, grasshopper / beetle legs.





So, a breakdown of this. Human merge of Dragonfly, cockroach (legs), and Human. Three different species which is normally what a chimera would be.

Long story short, it's time to actually begin modelling. It's been FAR too long since I've been able to do anything, and with my limited knowledge of maya, I have a feeling I'll have a very hard time ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment