Sunday 9 January 2011

The journey continues. Pt 4


So here goes. A day has passed, yes, a day. Which means ULTIMATELY, I had less than a day to fully model, rig, and texture this character, as well as pose. God this is going to be such a tedious act, and since Im such a perfectionist, I know that this is going to be something I'm going to hate as I know I'm capable of alot more.

Yes! Modelled the hand and the foot. Hand is quite small though (as intended, insects have tiny hands.)
Once the thigh was done, started on the actual leg. Also created the foot. The foot needs to be slender as that the characteristic Im using. The character is also going to be quite tall for his age.

Once that part was complete, (to a basic standard of course) I then began to start the leg. Now, for this whole project, I am following the *guide* of how to start it by others, new to me. If I was to do it my way, I would of just modelled from the head down. (Little did i know that the guideline actually makes more sense in the end.)
Began by blocking out the arms, and extruding out as I went along, further extruding into the chest. The way that I'm doing this is mirrored so modelling half of the character, then mirroring the geometry so that the vertices line up, and merge, saving me from having to model the other side. Of course, this only works on objects or images that are symmetrical in shape.


First thing to do was to get the images of my front and profile picture of my character and paste it on to two separate planes, for referencing.

So here goes. A day has passed, yes, a day. Which means ULTIMATELY, I had less than a day to fully model, rig, and texture this character, as well as pose. God this is going to be such a tedious act, and since Im such a perfectionist, I know that this is going to be something I'm going to hate as I know I'm capable of alot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment